Google and OnePlus have released Android 11 Beta for their devices while Xiaomi, Oppo and Realme have promised to roll out the beta of the latest version of Android soon. Now we have vivo to add to the list as the phone maker has released Android 11 Beta 1 through the Developer Preview Program for the NEX 3S 5G and iQOO 3.
You can head over to the first source link at the end of this article to download Android 11 Beta 1 build for the Chinese variants of NEX 3S 5G and iQOO 3, and to the second source link to download the build for the Indian variants of iQOO 3’s 4G and 5G models.
Do note that these firmwares are only intended for use by developers and it’s best not to install them on your primary devices, since they aren’t stable enough and have known issues listed below:
- The in-display fingerprint scanner doesn’t work.
- The front camera doesn’t work.
- Status Bar icons display exception: camera notch and screen corner are overlapped with icon.
- When Chrome is started for the first time, “Turn on sync?” screen doesnt show any existing Google account sign-in information.
- In Settings, the last item is About emulated device instead of About device.
- There are 2 system upgrade pages in Settings (One in Settings > System update, the other in Settings > System > Advanced > System update). User might be confused.
vivo says the second Android 11 Beta will be released in late July and it will stop the release of beta builds in August which is when it expects Google to release the stable build of Android 11.