OnePlus has released OxygenOS Open Beta 18 for the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro, which bump up the Android security patch level on both smartphones to September 2020.
OnePlus 7 Pro
Additionally, the new build squashes bugs related to the screen recorder and notification bar and adds new features to Game Space. You can check out the full changelog of OxygenOS Open Beta 18 below for more details:
- Fixed the known issues with screen recorder.
- Fixed the issue that the notification bar did not respond occasionally.
- Updated Android security patch to 2020.09.
- Updated GMS package to 2020.08.
- Game Space
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text only, heads up, and block just for your immersive gaming experience.
- Newly added quick reply feature in the small window for WhatsApp and INS (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode).
- Newly added mistouch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out.
- Add the Best Answer function, which allows you to mark others’ answers. Best Answer will also be rewarded with experience points.
- Add mall function, you can buy mobile phones and other OnePlus products more conveniently.
- Optimized the log information capture function.
OxygenOS Open Beta 18 is rolling out over the air to the units that are already running a previous beta build, and those who want to give the new beta build a try can head over to the source link below for more details.
However, do note that beta builds may not be as stable as the official ones, so they are best avoided on your primary phone.