Android 10 is now rolling out to Nokia 5.1 Plus phones in India (and should head out to other countries soon). With this latest addition, HMD Global has updated a total of 15 Nokia smartphones to the latest version of the OS.
The company has committed to two years of OS updates for the 5.1 Plus, which launched in December of 2018. Will the Android 11 update arrive before the deadline or is this the last major update? That is yet to be confirmed, but the phone will continue receiving monthly security updates until the end of 2021.
The Nokia 1 Plus is expected to receive Android 10 pretty soon, according to the revised roadmap. Another four devices should get the OS bump by the end of this quarter.
Here are the new features that Nokia 5.1 Plus owners will experience after installing the update:
- Gesture Navigation: control of your Nokia smartphone just got slicker, with faster and more intuitive controls at the tip of your fingers
- Smart Reply: receive even smarter responses in messages, not just wording but actions you can take
- Privacy Controls: have even more control of your personal data all in one place, and control when your location is shared with your apps be that always, just while in use, or never
- Focus mode: block out distracting apps when you need to concentrate on whats important (try it now in Beta)
- Family Link: now part of the Digital Wellbeing settings, helping parents set digital ground rules for the whole family