Have you deleted your pictures by mistake, or have you formatted your memory card accidentally and lost your digital pictures? You don’t know how to recover photos from the memory card? Just don’t panic!! Follow the steps provided here to get your deleted pictures back.
Recoverit is a powerful picture recovery software which supports recovery from all types of memory cards and removable storage devices like SD card, mini SD Card, micro SD Card, Compact Flash card (CF), Memory Sticks, Multimedia Card (MMC), XD-Picture Card, ZIP drives, iPods etc. This software has been designed and tested to recover almost all type of picture formats available in the market. This tool has been reviewed and ranked extremely high by several industry experts, news publications, photography sites etc & from this article you’ll be able how to recover deleted photos by using Recoverit.
Features of Recoverit (Windows)
- Recover deleted picture, audio and video files by scanning the complete hard drive within few minutes.
- Recover pictures, which are deleted or have bypassed Windows Recycle Bin
- Restore pictures from formatted memory cards, SD cards, hard drives
- Find and recover photos, audio, video and digital RAW image files
- Recover pictures from Memory card, iPods, digital camera, cell phones, desktop and laptop hard drives.
- “Find” option helps to locate recovered files based on the date, creation date, extension, size and file name.
- Supports digital pictures recovery from Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP and Windows 2008.
Features of Recoverit (Mac)
- Recover lost pictures from Mac OS X volumes
- Recover deleted pictures, which has been emptied from Trash
- Built-in special algorithms designed to find deleted pictures, music & video files quickly
- Recovered data can be sorted on the basis of name, size, date and file type
- Supports Mac picture recovery on Mac volumes that do not mount or fail to mount.
- Supports picture recovery from Mac OS X 10.5.x and above (including Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion, Mavericks, Yosemite, El Capitan, Sierra and High Sierra) versions
Accidental deletion of pictures: You may accidentally delete pictures from memory Card by pressing “Delete All” button while previewing the pictures or you may delete by using “Delete” / “Shift + Delete” keys on computer.
Accidental formatting: You may accidentally format the memory card, partitions or hard drive which leads to data loss.
Memory card corruptions: Corruption is caused due to improper ejection of memory card from the card reader or camera while transferring pictures which results in loss of pictures.
Virus attack: Virus attack could lead to deletion or loss of pictures from various storage devices.
Third party tool malfunction: Malfunction of third-party photo library utilities while synchronizing pictures from digital camera to PC, may lead to loss of pictures.
How to Recover Deleted Pictures?
You can undelete lost pictures effortlessly from storage devices using Recoverit Recover (Windows) software. Given below are the simple steps to retrieve lost pictures.
Step 1: Download the free demo version of Recoverit on to your laptop or PC. Launch the application, you will see the main screen as shown in. Select the option “Recover Photos or files“.
Step 2: In the next screen as shown in, you will see two options “Recover Deleted Photos” and “Recover Deleted Photos“. Since you are trying to recover photos that are lost select “Recover Lost Photos” and proceed further.
Step 3: Now you will see a list of all the logical drives available for scanning as shown in. Select the drive from where the photos are lost and click “Next“. For example, if the photos are lost from your memory card then select the logical drive which is representing a memory card.
Step 4: As you are trying to search for specific lost files and if you know the extension (example: .jpg, .cr2, .crw, .nef, etc.) of the file then you can select that file type in the list here as shown in then click “Next“. You can also search for the file type on the search box on the top right side of the screen. You also have to option to select all file types (Mark All), but this may slow down the scanning process.
Step 5: Now Recoverit will search for the selected file types with a smart scanning process as shown in.
Step 6: After the scanning is completed a list of lost files is displayed in “Data View“, if you want you can view the files in a “File View” list as shown in.
Step 7: You can preview files by double clicking on the file or by right clicking on the file and selecting “Preview” option as shown in.
Step 8: If you click next to save recovered files then the software would ask you to save the recovery session as it is still in the demo mode to save files you will need to purchase the software. Additionally, Recoverit provides you with an option to save the recovery session, this helps in cutting down scanning time if you want to save the recovered data at a later time. To use this option, click on “Save Recovery Session” available on the top menu as shown in.