Sitting for long hours in front of your laptop? Does your back hurt like hell at the end of the day? If you are suffering from prolonged back pain, then it’s time to change your chair.
Wrong chairs can have a negative impact on your posture and result in severe damage to your back. This is especially applicable for people in jobs that includes long hours of working and involves sitting in front of the system.
Though recently in offices this has become part of the employee benefit schemes to provide employees with an ideal work environment that includes comfortable work stations and office chairs. Traditional chairs have been replaced by ergonomic chair back support that offers better lumbar support and promotes better posture.
Bad posture if practiced for prolonged duration gives way to severe muscle sprains and spine osteoarthritis and sciatica. Bad posture can put stress on the entire body starting from your head, neck, spine, lower back and hips.
Inclusion of economic office chairs not only increases the productivity of the workforce but also gives than a healthy work-life balance. However, while purchasing ergonomics chair there are several things that have to be kept in mind.
- Different people have different sitting postures. Your chair should adjust to the shape of your back while sitting. You have to make sure that you purchase a model that has several modes of adjustment and can be used by people with different sitting postures.
- The price of the economic changes varies across different ranges depending upon the features and the functionalities that are attributed to the chairs. The best way to select the chair is to make sure that it allows adjustment for people of different heights so that easily adjust the chair as per their lumber support.
- Lumbar support and adjustability are key factors, while purchasing an ergonomic chair. The chair should be able to provide maximum lumbar support so that the person sitting on it does not end up slouching. Some of the chairs come with up to 14 types of adjustable features that give overall support to arms, back and legs. However, the best options will be to at least look for support in terms of increase and decrease in height, adjustability in terms of the arm support and adjustability for maximum back support.
- Some of the ergonomic chairs come with a wheel base depending upon the floor. Carpeted floor has different wheel bases than tiled or wooden floors. The wheel base provides ease of movement of the chairs and helps to manoeuvre the chair easily.
Here’s a list of 10 best ergonomic chairs that you can opt for:
1. Steelcase Leap
2. Steelcase Gesture
3. Herman Miller Embody
4. Herman Miller Aeron
5. Nightingale CXO
6. Humanscale Difrient smart
7. Office master truly
8. Humanscale Freedom
9. Office Master OM5
10. Eurotech iOO
In conclusion opt for chairs that are strong in build and offer maximum lumbar support. Quality is something that makes these chairs worth their price.